Some friends of mine have a list of 101 random things so to go with the flow I've been convinced to post one for me. So here's mine. Lets see if I can come up this on my own or if I have to enlist help from my kiddos. It may be fun to hear their thoughts....then again maybe not! LOL 1. My husband will hate this list! 2. I have 4 children- Kayla, Jordan , Eric and Sam 3. We have one dog that would have to leave if she became high maintenance or annoying! 4. I lived in San Jose, Ca from July 1990 until Dec. 1992 5. I was born in Rochester, MN at St. Mary's Hospital Feb 1st, 1972 at 11:55pm. 6. I moved 19 times before my 18th birthday. 7. My family was.... well shall we say..... dysfunctional. 8. I can't spell and would be helpless without spell check. 9. My kids make fun of the fact I can't spell. 10. My first job was at Burger King. 11. I have always wanted to be a nurse. 12. I have wanted to be a peds or NICU nurse for about 3 years now. 13. I am not a nurse. 14....
Brielle was born January 20th at 6:11am. She came at a very young age of 27 weeks and weighs 2.3lbs. On top of the prematurity, she has several defects which include a pretty significant VSD (Ventricular Septal Defect), as well as a Double Outlet Right Ventricle. It's a rare defect in which the pulmonary artery, and the aorta, both rise from the right ventricle. It's serious, yet repairable by surgery. She also was in uterine with very low amniotic fluid which really impacts lung development. The heart and lung issues along with the prematurity really make for a scary situation. Different doctors had different opinions and most of them made it clear before delivery that life was not very likely for my baby girl. Thus far she has defied all odds and is still fighting strong as ever. She isn't breathing on her own but that was to be expected. Her lungs are however retaining oxygen and giving her body what it needs. Her heart is pumping at a pretty consistent rate and although...
Yesterday I went in to wake Eric for preschool. I said "hey there sleepy boy", he responded by pulling the covers over his head. I teased and poked and started getting some giggles out of him, still under the covers. I went over to his dresser and asked him what he was going to wear. He pulled the covers off his face, looked at me and said "I'm sick... (cough, cough) " The fakest cough you've ever heard and then he laughed and pulled the covers back over his head! What a stinker. It was very cute. I have to throw in a note about his 'soft pants'. Can I just say I can't wait until it's shorts season. All winter long Eric has been wearing soft pants aka sweat pants. He used to wear a combination of clothes and somewhere around Christmas time he started refusing anything but sweatpants and sweatshirts. I guess on a good day I can talk him out of the sweatshirt but not the 'soft pants'. OH NO. We now own every color of soft pants possi...
Comments