Spring Break

Today when I got off work my spring break officially began. I don't work Thursdays and Friday there is no school, I'll soak in any extra time I get! I have a list a mile long and I don't have a good reason to be sitting in front of the computer right now other than the fact there are just some fun things that I wanted to talk about.

Sam

Last week I introduced Resurrection Eggs to the boys. They are really neat and if you are looking for a clever way to teach about Easter and maybe even learn a few tidbits yourself this is a fun way to do it. Seriously there were a few times last week when talking to Eric and Sam and also our preschool class that I wanted to sugar coat what happened those last days. There is no sugar coating it, Jesus lived and then died a cruel death. Anyway that is a bunny trail we’ll hop down another day. Last week Sam announced that Jesus died to take away our sins. You would have thought it was the first time he heard it but the way he said it. After I confirmed this for him I then told him that when he asks Jesus into His heart he would be washed of His sin because Jesus took Sam's punishment. He was really engaged in the conversation and simply said "yeah but I don't know how to ask Jesus into my heart". We talked a little longer and ended the conversation with about the sweetest prayer I'll ever say with Sam. I've wondered since how sincere He can be at almost 5 but there have been things Sam has said in the last 10 days that reaffirm for me that Yes Sam has recognized His Lord. First one being Sunday morning, Sam and I were running some errands (we went to church Saturday evening) and while running errands we ran into a friend of mine.

While I was holding Sam and talking with my friend he laid his head on my shoulder and I said "you do love mommy don't you", he replied in my ear by saying "Yes and Jesus does too" Red heart

I was reading The Easter Story to the boys today while they were eating lunch and mid-way through we were talking about Judas and the bad choice he made taking the coins and Sam said "yeah cuz you reeeaaaallllyyyy got to believe that Jesus is God so He can be in your heart" I about fell off my chair with when he said that .... can you see me smiling? Smile

Eric

My boy is determined to grow up. I begged him the other day to just stay smaller a little longer and he looked at me and said "mommy, I just need to be six soon, sorry" and then to top it off we had conferences yesterday. His teacher confirmed he is indeed growing up. She was telling us how well he's doing and the progress he's made. He's reading and writing right on target for his age and is one of the top 6 in his class. Then Miss Julie looked at Eric and said "guess you'll be going to first grade" If it wasn't for the fact that everyone in the room would have laughed at me I would have burst out into tears. And with that I must stop because I'm not going to cry about first grade until at least August!

Podcasts

Why haven't I discovered these earlier? I mean really I'm on this computer entirely too much. I found all kinds of fun ones to subscribe to. (thank you Jen) I like to put my IPod on while I'm getting my hair and make-up on, while walking, while ironing, I may even wear it while cooking (oh wait I'd have to cook>never mind and the ironing doesn't happen to often either! )

My List

So like I mentioned I have a lot of things I want to get accomplished. We are hosting my dad and his wife, my mom and brother and I'm tempted to invite Rick's parents down but it can be challenging getting them here. Ideally I'd love a new kitchen floor before Easter Sunday but I'm not sure Rick and I are on the same page with that one. I'm sure there is some tool or car part that will convince him, although it might be more like mother's day. (honey did you catch that hint?)

Second on my list is my mother's pictures. I'm about 1/2 way down sorting them. Piles of family, grandchildren, friends, my brother and I. Some black and white, some just down right funny. I have a few of my cousins that just might work as blackmail material. I forgot how large their fros got back then! Rolling on the floor laughing

Third is my pictures and videos, and even being third on my list they will not get worked on until #4 is done and that is house cleaning, inside and out. Spring cleaning in every sense of the word and if Kayla and Jordan want a moment of peace they will either help or run for their lives! Things are getting done! Oh and when I'm not cleaning or sorting pictures I have a pile of books that I'm wanting to finish reading. Last week I won a 'advanced reader copy' of Angela Hunt's The Elevator. I started that one a few nights ago and hope to have it done over the weekend. If you've never read any of her books you should, you won't be disappointed. Well it's time to load up some podcasts and head out for my walk! Have a blessed Easter and remember the cross is for YOU! - Rainbow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses