Happy Birthday to Me

I turned 39 this week.

The day was perfect.

It started out with cards from Rick and the boys. The cards included tickets to Rick Springfield to which I have been informed by Sam that I am "a little freaky when I get Rick Springfield tickets". Open-mouth smile

The day continued with time spent with all of my favorite people. The kids at the preschool, my co-workers and then the day ended with dinner with my mom, all of the kids and Rick.

I believe the best part of my day was this: I entered the day not in want. I have everything that I need, and although there are areas of my life that I hope someday are different (and not so much for my sake) my heart is content with being allowed to love those around me. A gift I didn't know I was lacking in previous years. What I mean by that is I have been so consumed in years past with correction, worry, the what if's and would have's and should have's, I looked right over the top of what is right in front of me.

I didn't spend this birthday with regret over the past year.

Well maybe a little regret over farmville.

But not much Smile

Last night I relived a little of my teen years watching and listening to Rick Springfield. I still know all the words to Jesse' Girl. My ears ring after really loud music. I think my own Rick puts Mr. Springfield to shame and I am grateful I wasn't in the front row throwing undergarments on stage to a 61 year old man! Disappointed smile

my birthday dinner at newts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses