Eric

Eric turned 11 last week…. 11 What freaks me out a little more is that along with 11 comes middle school. It’s not Eric I’m worried about- it’s all the other kids. I have a feeling this will be yet another lesson in trust. Seems like the older each of my children get the harder some of the lessons in trust are but I must say that God is faithful and I am always able to come to that peace that passes all understanding. So with that in mind I will choose to be excited for Eric and we’ll walk into middle school looking forward to the opportunities and not scared of the what if’s. Enough about me….. Eric is 11- did I mention that. He turned 11 on the 27th of April and this mama was out of town. I had an early childhood conference that I was at for a few days. Leaving was hard because Eric was very concerned about me not being here but he and Rick and Sam had a great day. He started out his day doing one of the things he does best (and baffles me with) and that is his Math Masters Competition. It was about 3 hours of numbers and numbers make this boy happy. strange… Great as long as I don’t have to help! (not sure I could) He brought a giant chocolate chip cookie cake to school to share with his friends. Came home opened his desk and helped Dad put it together. He loved it and has been happily doing his homework there each night. On Sunday Grandma Bobbie, Kayla and Jordan came over to celebrate with him. One thing that always impresses me is how grateful he is for his gifts. Always and there’s never a doubt about it. Case in point- we asked my mom to purchase the chair that matches his desk. A chair. Eric was giddy about it. Eric is my tender hearted boy. He still cuddles (don’t tell his buddies I said that) and when I drop him off at places he gives me this look that says “sorry mom- I want to give you a hug but now isn’t the time”. Sam on the other hand almost acts excited he has an excuse to get out of a squeeze! Eric is smart… and I mean scary smart. He loves space and the stars and reads books about planets for fun. He loves to read in general which I think he gets from me and he is a great artist which I know he got from Rick. Eric started a bowling league last fall and he and his lava red bowling ball are improving each week. In fact later today he is bowling in St. Paul in the Pepsi youth state tournament. He qualified at the tournament he bowled in earlier in April. Eric begins golf lessons this summer and decided that he’s going to love that sport. I have no doubts as he’s a thinker. He enjoyed baseball and played for a few years but decided that’s not his thing. Golf will be his new stick and ball. Eric is excited about youth group- moving on “in his walk with God” as he put it. A couple of week ago he shared with us his desire to be baptized so he’ll talk with the pastors over the summer and if they agree and he still feels led he’ll be baptized in the fall. He’ll attend our summer program called Treasure Hunters again where kids in 3rd-6th grade take a week to really dig into God’s word, have a service opportunity and grow their friendships. He’s loved it for 2 years now and this will be the last year he does it. Eric loves Skylanders, Mario- his new favorite Super Smash Brothers Brawl, his Ipod all of which must be given limits b/c he could stay in front of a screen the entire day if we let him. Eric you are a treasure- What a joy it is to be your mommy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses