My Summer Bucket List

 

Every school year as we approach the end of the year I start these lines in my head….

“I can’t wait to get that caught up when I’m on break”

“That would be a good summer project”

“Over the summer I’ll get out and do ______ more”

And as May comes to an end I get more and more thoughts and ideas disillusions about what I’m going to get accomplished. Rolling on the floor laughing

There is a small chance this year some of my hopes and dreams will come true.

YES I am working – in fact I’m working more scheduled hours than my school year gig BUT neither boy is playing baseball- that leaves our evenings free AND I’ve taken the summer off from weekend teaching and that opens up some time on the weekends. That being said here it is:

1. Before returning to work on June 10th I WILL have a solid dinner schedule set for the summer. This frees up SO MUCH TIME  Clock during the week and on the weekends when I make my grocery list. Speaking of grocery lists- Mr. Eagen is going to be spending a bit more time at the grocery store. Shopping 101 is in his future- if you read this before I break it to him be gentle. Flirt male

2. The Bachelorette- mindless TV I can watch once a week. Don’t judge. Red lips

3. Tag, Edit OR Delete pictures from my digital library – I have digital pictures from about 2002- many of which have already had my attention. I’d guess 1/2 of them are done. Maybe more. When I’m sitting in front of mindless TV here and there I need to work on this. Next summer (see I’m already starting next summer’s list- it’s a teacher sickness) I plan to scan many pictures that I want to be digital. Camera

3. Golf- We are buying a pass this year. Both Eric and Sam golf and in our previous life Rick and I enjoyed evenings on the golf course- he golfed- I pretended to know how to golf.

4. A Garage Sale- about every 5 years I forget how much work these are and talk myself into a sale. This year- back to school sale and if you need boys clothes from baby to boy this is your one stop shop…. first weekend in August let the madness begin. And for your safety if I have something marked at .25 don’t offer me .10. Go big or go home.Money

5. Finish transferring my old blog to this one…. that too can be done while basking in the sun on the deck or because it’s Minnesota sitting in front of mindless TV because it’s cloudy and raining. Computer

I think if I’m being real that is about all that’s going to get done and I think that is plenty on top of normal everyday life. 

Let the games begin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses