What Am I Doing and Why?

 

About a month ago (maybe even longer) it became very clear to me that the weight that I always told myself I “would never” gain back was not just knocking on my door but had gained (no pun intended) access and was going to make itself at home on my rear (and anywhere else for that matter).

“It” became one of those things in the back of my mind and “it” was becoming quite obvious with every piece of clothing that was once loose, with all those aches and pains, with every craving for sweets, with pictures, in my chin (both of them) and so on and so on and so on.

People say exercise- just have to do it. That is true. And it’s easier said than done. At least for me anyway. You can judge but that’s how I feel. I am a want a be exerciser and I do want to be and I have a goal to learn but in the meanwhile I need to get feeling better physically to get moving more and this will be a slow work in progress.

People say eat healthier-just have to do it. Eat whole grains/fruits and vegetables and your golden. It’s tricky to figure all that out. I feel like I don’t have time to figure it all out but I know I need to.  Again I want to learn- and I will.

In the meanwhile I made a thoughtful and prayerful decision to join Take Shape For Life…. in a nutshell- medifast with a life coach and a transition plan to real life. I set a date and ate like I was dying. No lie. I enjoyed it all and was ready. My day came and my food was here and I measured, weighed and took “before” pictures. Today is day 10 and this is where I am at and what I am doing:

I have lost 7lbs.

I weigh in every Tuesday.

I don’t feel hungry when I stick to the plan.

Some of the food sucks- it’s my opinion but it’s also my reality. Some of the food doesn’t suck. Some of the food  it’s right on the line of sucking but I am making it work for me with a little modification.

A sample menu for me is this:

Medifast Cereal w/Almond Milk (unsweetened)

Medifast Peanutbutter Crunch bar for snack

Medifast Chicken Noodle Soup (made w/low sodium chicken broth-my modification)

Medifast Pretzel Sticks snack

Lean and Green Meal that I make– example 7oz fillet of Cod grilled or broiled with a salad the size of a my garden for dinner

Medifast Brownie Bake

Hot decaf Green Tea

Yes I still drink my coffee in the morning with sugar free coffeemate french vanilla flavor creamer

I drink about a bathtub full of water every day

I added a diet cherry coke during the day to help with my sweet craving (I need to be careful about soda b/c I stopped using artificial sweeteners and have had fabulous results in regards to my migraines)

I armed myself with Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches after the night I looked like an heroin addict with oeros. I am OK with this treat once in a while not daily and only when I can’t talk myself down.

Most of my cravings are COMPLETELY mental.

Here is why I am doing this:

My legs ache.

My feet hurt.

When I wake in the morning I can not hardly step down on my feet and my believe is it is a combo between my weight and my high carb/sugar diet.

I have rolls. (and they don’t go in the oven)

I snore when I’m heavier- in turn my husband doesn’t sleep well and I worry about sleep apnea.

My clothes don’t fit.

I always feel hot.

I don’t like how fatigued I get.

I don’t ever feel like I have energy.

I want to be healthy and available for my children and grandchildren.

and last but not least I was not made to battle food. That is NOT what God intends for me to spend my time with while I am here on earth. I am a foodie no doubt. I enjoy eating but it no longer out weighs the enjoyment I am robbed of but the way I feel physically and mentally.

I am not out to be perfect, just better.

I hope to be at a new normal by Christmas.

PS: When I started this blog post I was really fighting cravings. I wanted to munch on something, I wanted a hot piece of pizza, french fries, snickers, something, anything. I feel better now. I was fine before but my flesh is weak and convincing myself of that  was proving to be a bit more challenging than I care to admit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses