Sneak Peak

So I mentioned the house sale in my last post. Wow what an adventure that was. Having our home on the market proved to test my patience and my little girl "I want it now!" button on more than one occasion. Years ago (in a good market) when it came time to selling our home we put it on the market and it sold and it closed within 2 months. We were expecting Sam and had already purchased our new house and faced the possibility of having 2 mortgages. Well I tell ya... if that had to be done in 2010-2011 it could be a little frightening! But seriously every time we'd start to fret one of us would talk the other down, we never lost our peace for more than a moment and really were relieved of any anxieties that went along with the stress that came with trying to sell. One of the main complaints from lookers was the same as ours: a small kitchen- (trust me I know that kitchen is small) and the one complaint I never understood was our small backyard- yes it's small but there is a forest and park with ball fields and tennis courts across the street... and I mean literally across the street. But whatever, I can't ask someone to fork out money for something that isn't right for them. That was just it- waiting for that someone that felt that "just right" when they walked in here. We had it 9 years ago when we walked in and it was dated, smelled old and had blue wallpaper in just about every room! You know your house when you walk in it, you don't see what it is necessarily but what it will look like as your home.

Well we did get that offer and it was just as I predicted. It would happen in June- the worst possible month to have to move. 3 kids birthdays, summer vacation starting, I work close to full time in camp, packing for our yearly trip up north and that was before we even knew about Rick's Dad and the turn that was going to take or the events surrounding Jordan. What was a bit more nerve racking was that we really didn't have a plan in place. We always said we wouldn't buy until we sold so here we were with 35 days to vacate our house and we looked at each other like "now what?". We had looked into building last fall so we had those plans drawn up and the builder was willing to honor their original bid made back in September but that would entail renting. Last fall we were really excited about building. Having the house just as we wanted it was very appealing and after all the work we'd done on our current house it seemed the only way to get the "new" we had and stay within our budget. Here we were months later and that excitement and more importantly that peace about that decision just wasn't there.

So the plan was to take one day and look at houses- make sure there was nothing out there and if that were the case we'd give the builder the go ahead.
In making the list of houses we ran across this one:



It had everything our building plans had in them only it was finished. The lower level was finished, the yard had some landscaping, the backyard was fenced and the deck was done. Rick just knew and he told me to contact our realtor (who btw was wonderful) the next morning so we wouldn't loose it. That was on Tuesday night, by Friday afternoon all the price bickering was over and we had a house- better yet we had a house for the same day our buyers close so we don't have to rent and move twice! WAHOO!


The play set leaves (which we are more than OK with) but do you see that deck! I'm so excited to sit on that deck in the morning or in the evening. I've never had a deck. Well that's a lie we had one at our old house that was falling apart- had we stayed we would have made it safe but we didn't stay and therefore never had a usable deck. I'm 9 days out from sitting on that deck with a cup of coffee. I think I may do that even before we unload the truck, or at least I may do that while the guys are unloading the truck. (don't tell Rick that)
We found out last night that one of Eric's friends from church and school lives just down the street- what a huge answer to prayer that is. Eric's best buddy is moving (actually today we are saying good-bye) and Eric has been so sad about that. Good to know there will be someone close and our hope is their friendship will continue to grow. It is within reasonable walking distance to their school that they currently attend and it's a 2 minute drive for me to work and about 4 minutes for Rick. Can you say "hello lower gas bill!"
warning subject change:
Know what?

I have a hard time accepting blessing- I wonder is this really possible? Did we really do this? What will go wrong with the closing? I know it's just a house but this is the girl that lived in section 8 housing with her 2 kids as a single mom and barely made it. It feels surreal. I almost feel guilty and as always I struggle with feeling undeserving. And worst yet I have to ask myself "how would I react or act if this were not the case?" That is a tough question for me as I don't like the answer that is most likely the truth. To trust in blessing, in God's goodness to know that along with knowing God is with me in the bad He loves me enough to allow the good. Not sure if that makes sense to you... more so I am just thinking out loud.
Last night I was reading Redeeming Love (still on my 2nd time through) and the one reoccurring thought was "why does Angel refuse to see that Micheal is sincere and that his love is real?" hmmmm why do I always look the other direction and wonder what really is going to happen- why do I always sink and why do my eyes always wander to those scary looking waves and I forget why my eyes need to be? I ask and the only answer I come up with is I'm human... so very human and I just rely on His grace so I can put my eyes back on what is unseen and continue on.

All that to say: I'm excited and I'm scared and....

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:16-22

Happy Father's Day! Happy Sunday or just plan Happy Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses