Grace4Today

 

I just finished a book by Neta Jackson called The Yada Yada Prayer Group.

I LOVED IT! This book came recommended to me by a friend at a bible study just this last spring and I finally got around to reading it.

It reminded me so much of a  close group of friends that I have. The way we got together is just beyond what I could write here. God was so detailed in bringing us together, yet we’ve never all been together. Imagine that!

In fact as I write this I’m thinking about one of the main things that connected us - a little boy who weighed just over 2lbs at birth, Ty came into this world at 25 weeks and I started praying for Ty and his family.

His mom blogged. I was always amazed at the lessons I would take away after reading her writing. Some days it was just simply a progress report on how Ty was doing but nonetheless I would always say a Thank you when I was done, I could log off of the computer and look at my children and think to myself I better Thank God for my blessings because this mom is on a roller coaster ride!

The other thing I remember so clearly (and Doni I’m not sure if I’ve told you this) is Doni’s endless pursuit to fight for her children. It taught me much, it made me think, it still makes me think. At the time I started reading her blog I was still fairly fresh in my faith walk. Well the conversations started with her and then with Heidi, a dear self-less sister in Christ with a heart so tender that you don’t have to meet her in person to know this. A Yahoo group was formed for a few of us that were interested in loosing weight. For matters of sanity that is a story that will never be told on this blog! Confused smile Well our yahoo group decided to further our talks and start an online study. Jana and Jennifer joined us and then Melissa.We started with the Purpose Driven Life. Ladies did we ever finish???

For nearly 40 days our conversations centered around being Christ driven. Getting to know each other, lots of tears, humor, caring and concern for one another was evident and so enduring. Carrie became our honorary member, although she by know means needs to loose weight! Finally we decided to move our group to a place other than Yahoo. Since the move our group now includes women that pray for each other and hold each other up with encouraging words and God’s truth. My prayer for our group is that some day we will gather and be able to pray and worship together. There are women near and far that I cherish and this book really reminded me of ALL of them. Jana, sorry I’m getting so mushy!  I’m putting this book in the mail, whoever gets this book first make sure you pass it along to another member of the group. Thank you God that we are all just simply saved by Grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses