12 Weeks Old and One Week Post Op


Journal entry by Missy Eagen — 4/13/2016

This last week has felt so long. I long for Brielle to be past this part of her journey. I know any of us would take this from her if we could. When Brielle first entered the world the NICU terrified me, I messaged friends that had preemies and said "what does all this mean, is this normal, how did you get through this?" Can I just tell you that we long for the comfort of the NICU again- really puts this into perspective as suddenly it doesn't seem scary but a place of safety. She is a tiny baby who needs to be cuddled and grow. Sweet Brielle is a fighter- she is amazing and I can't wait for days of cuddles. Tonight when I peeked in on her she opened her eyes a bit and looked around as if she was saying "what is going on in here?!" I prayed over her and rubbed the parts of her body that don't have monitors or tubes or lines. I am grateful she will never remember these days.


Tomorrow they will do another wash out and a partial closure in her room. A tiny pace maker is set to arrive sometime tomorrow, if partial closure goes well tomorrow then Dr. Said will insert a permanent pace maker Friday in the OR and try to complete a full closure. Her lungs have been more "compliant" today- they are happy with that as are we. The nurses were also able to use the dobbler to get pulses in both front and back of foot. That is also good.


Please pray she tolerates both procedures. The trip to the OR Friday especially as Brielle would rather not move a whole bunch- field trips to the OR stress her out. They stress us out a bit also.


She's got this....

(taken from cb)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses