Normal


Journal entry by Jordan Heyer — 4/6/2016

Drainage tubes, 15+ medications being administered, intubation, temporary pacemaker, all the things the doctor described to us as normal. Now maybe they see that all the time, but as her father, seeing Brielle this way was heart wrenching and something I could have never prepared myself for. Trying to remember that this is all ultimately for her greater good is so hard when just this morning I cuddled her with only an oxygen mask, and tonight she lays there looking almost as rough as her first day of life! Learning to trust these physicians and nurses has been something Beca and I have had to do, tonight brings that to a completely different level. It's scary, terrifying, yet she is "fixed". It's been a very long 15 hours and we are very blessed by the multitude of prayers and positive thoughts. Not to mention the most supportive family and friends we could ever ask for. I think this leg of our journey has a few more days of worry, but I also know how relieved we are that God be willing Brielle should make pretty quick progress on the respiratory side and according to doctors in every aspect of her life.

When I was a kid my favorite Bible verse was Jeremiah 29:11, and I think after today it remains that way. Brielles path to prosperity has been and will be confusing, trying, and as a human being completely beyond ones understanding. God has it all figured out and I truly believe that with my whole heart.

" For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "

(taken from cb)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses