#9 Lazy Afternoons

What a glorious day to do nothing.

Some of my favorite things about doing nothing include a good book,
recorded DVR shows (most recent favorite is Criminal Minds).

A hot cup of coffee (or two or three),
smelling the crock pot full of what I hope will be an acceptable dinner.

Feelings of anxiousness lost despite the fact I have a to-do list a mile long.

There are a few thoughts of the upcoming week but just mainly my mind just hears the sounds of passing cars on the wet road.

The occasion growl from our dumb dog who thinks she can take on the passing german shepherd.

The living room clock is ticking and Sam is wearing down my phone battery playing angry birds.

Rick is off to fleet farm doing whatever it is that men do at Fleet Farm.

Eric is reading a book and watching Disney XD all at the same time.

Sure there is a passing thought about changing the load of laundry but really it will wait,
in fact I think I'll scan facebook,
fill my coffee cup
and read the next chapter.

The book- Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult.

In the crock pot- 3lbs of boneless beef ribs with a whole bunch of Famous Daves BBQ sauces dumped on top.

#9 of 1000 Graces- A lazy afternoon.
Off to do a bit more nothing.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses