40

40 Days til…

I turn 40. Not thinking about this for any particular reason. I’m not freaking out about it. I’m not overly excited about it. I’m not convinced I’m one step closer to having a foot in the grave. I ‘m not old, I don’t feel “middle aged” As with a lot of other things in my life I just feel it is what it is.
I thought it would be fun to try to blog about some of the past 40 years. I feel as if 40 should at least entitle me to enter the “maybe she knows something” category.

I sat here this morning drinking my coffee…. well honestly grabbing it for dear life as I do most mornings. I was browsing Facebook, thinking about my to do list and I glanced up to see that the sky out my windows turned this amazing shade of pink. I shut my laptop and just sat. Perfectly still. Knowing enough to know that the sky only stays that shade of pink for a few minutes while the sun is just in the right spot of the skyline. As I looked out my window I could hear my furnace running, my husband in the shower getting ready for work, I know my youngest sons are down sleeping enjoying their first day of break. I have no lesson plans to review today and I get to go to the doctor with my VERY pregnant daughter this morning. I have moments of struggle with the “what if’s” but it’s in moments like this I know God’s got this. He’s good.

 Thankfulness.

The picture below is one of my favorites. Today it made me laugh because our Pastor has a lot more hair in this picture then He does today. But I look at this picture and I know that Pastor Paul is asking me “Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God and that he died for your sins?” and I without doubt answered YES.

It is incredible to me that God knew that very same thing yet allowed Jesus as a helpless babe to enter the world all those years ago.

I am Thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses