Holiday Ramblings

picture taken back when getting underwear was acceptable…..

It’s Christmas Eve today. I do love Christmas but I’ll be honest it’s proven to be a lot of work for me in the past. There’s Christmas cards, getting the right picture for them, mailing them out, baking, decorating (2 trees and way to many snowmen for any one house), shopping, oh the shopping that’s just traumatizing to think about. Confused smile

And then there’s the wrapping. I suck am challenged when it comes to wrapping presents. There’s Christmas dinner- which is worth the work. I make a pretty tasty dinner on Christmas Eve. Some years on Christmas morning I would be waiting for the go gun at the start line to start ripping down the trees in an effort to get order back to my life.

Well last year I let the cards go.

I am off work for 10 days and decided it’s ok to nap and not kill myself working on a to-do list.
I don’t really bake a ton and Christmas time is no time to put my hat in the ring. I just enjoy what others bake and smile politely as I search out the next truffle.

We now order things online and Rick is in charge of wrapping.

Pictures. I’m making progress. I won a family session last February at a local business. I think I’ll schedule that soon. I’m waiting for happily ever after to take pics and let’s face it .. if I EVER get them done I will be HAPPY AFTER!

So last year and this year life has gotten simpler and it’s nice. It was kind of an accident. I was overwhelmed and stressed and decided to take a year off on the cards. I only put one tree up b/c of the house being on the market and all the snowmen hibernated in their storage containers. Things were taken off my plate and suddenly I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I’m sure my old neighbor will make through the holiday without a update and picture from the Eagens.

Christmas is fun, it’s a time of great reminders that Jesus is always the reason for any season.
Merry Christmas to you and your family! May the joy of Jesus fill your hearts and homes today and throughout the days to come.

Missy Smile

In case you like to see some of those world famous Christmas letters ….
2003
2004
2005
2006
2007
2008

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses