#10 Life Lessons

I've been thinking- actually I've been thinking A LOT about my blog- I love coming back here and reading about all the memories that I kept track of. Life with 4 kids in the house always provided good story telling material. My days either brought me tons of laughter or brought me to tears. I was reading this post and the nostalgia was there but more-so an undeniable feeling of gratitude.


Life looks different than I ever imagined it would look. So I remembered that I started a list of 1000 gifts and I think I'll try something different and try to continue it.



So that brings me to #10. I am grateful for life lessons. A couple of weeks ago a couple at our church said good-bye to their 12 year old son here on earth. His funeral, the celebration of life that was held for this boy was heart breaking and breath taking all at the same time. I have found myself more than a few times asking myself when Eric and Sam are being ridiculous "does this really matter in the big picture". It's sad that lessons are so often learned in tragedy.



I was so moved by the difference this boy made is the lives of so many. Songs I adore were also loved by him. Our worship team played them beautifully and there were people praising God and it really was an authentic worship experience. One that I had never imagined experiencing at a funeral. That taught me just how truly alive our hope is in Christ. I was re-taught just how much I desire to point to God, I to want to be remembered for my love for Jesus.



On the other side of life we are getting ready to experience the birth of our first grandchild. Other than the birth of my own children I have not felt such a connection to a little one. I've seen grandparents goo and gaa over theiIr grand-children but I think I get it now. Kayla has graciously included me in so much of her pregnancy. There have been some scary moments. At just over 19 weeks Kayla called me (quite upset and for good reason) because of some heavy bleeding. I've had 4 babies and up to that day I had never heard of anyone bleeding heavy in pregnancy expect in the case of miscarriage. I begged for that baby boy's life on that drive. I couldn't bare the thought of my baby going through the pain I had only feared up to that point. When we got to the hospital the doctor was in the room within minutes with an ultra-sound machine. There are no words to explain the relief I felt upon the site of that precious heartbeat.



Both of these experiences along with many others teach me to embrace life. We do live in a fallen world, we do have a hope of so much more but life is good.Christ didn't die for us so we can sit here on earth and twiddle our thumbs until the good stuff gets here. There are lessons to be learned and I'm ready to learn.



John 10:10- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses