Happy Birthday

 

For a few weeks I’ve been telling myself that I am going to blog through a year. Now seriously I can’t even finish the 30 day photo challenges so time will tell how this little experiment will work. I’ve put NO expectations on this except that everyday I will post SOMETHING.

I thought it only fitting since today is my birthday to share a bit about my birth.

Today after I woke up I was enjoying my coffee and I was reading/studying a lesson on God’s sovereignty. God is in control. God has a plan.

This may have slipped my mind a few times  lot lately.

That brings me to picture #1.

Bbirthdaynote001

That is the note that my Grandma Barb wrote to my mom’s siblings when I was born. It’s pretty cool really if you think about it. This was written on the morning of Feb.2, 1972. I found this note years ago- I think in my late teens/early 20’s. The line that has always stood out to be was the last one. For all I know it could have meant “Don’t tell anyone yet.” because my mom and Grandma wanted to be the one to share the exciting news.What I’ve been convinced it meant was “Don’t tell anyone yet” this is embarrassing enough as it is and if we can keep this little mistake a secret a bit longer we should. (italics my thoughts)

Well since I convinced myself it meant the worst God has worked on me to convince me otherwise, That although I may not have been born into a traditional home I was just as planned as anyone else.

Ephesians 1:11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.

Ephesians 2:10  For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do

Psalm 139:13-16 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

There is much more scripture that I could share here. So much more. These 3 are pieces of scripture that the holy spirit led me to as a new christian. I believe that to be the case simply because God as my Father needed me to know how wanted I am. I was then and I am now. In knowing that I could learn to trust Him and His plan.

I STILL struggle with this.

I think a lot of us do- wouldn’t you agree?

Today is my birthday. God had/has a plan. He always has always will. I live in a world that will bring me trouble. I know a Savior that is bigger than any of it.

And not only that I think I was pretty darn cute Winking smile 

Birthday 1973003

My first birthday 1973

Birthday 1974004

My second birthday. Grandma Barb was holding me. Uncle Tom in back.

Birthday 1976005

My fourth birthday

Birthday 1987002

My 15th birthday. My Mom in the back, brother Chris and Aunt Kathleen.

20140201_080242

Today Happy 42nd Smile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses