Out on the Town

 

I went out tonight to get some new shoes. I had birthday money and sore feet. Decision made.

After that I also had a couple of returns to make from Christmas so off to the mall I went. (I like to avoid the crowds right after Christmas)

Who knew how relaxing the mall is on a Wednesday evening.

I ran into a couple of people that added some fun to my night.

My first stop was a preschool parent who was so excited to tell me her son had recently been invited into a gifted and talented program and how grateful she is for all the teachers her kids had at Kingdom Kids and how greatful she is that they had a great start in school. Seriously such a blessing to hear and so sweet. Angel

As I was getting ready to leave I ran into another old friend and I’m sure had her daughter not been with we’d still be chatting.

I got home and caved and made one of those cheesy Facebook videos and got to thinking about what a blessing Facebook has been in my life. I am a bit of a social being. I love my friends. I love my family. I love connecting with people and Facebook is just the ticket for a “social butterfly” like myself. Growing up that was my mom’s nickname for me and I guess it’s true.

My night was simple and fun. Came home with some new fancy shoes. I signed up for some Running class that starts in March with a 5K run as the goal in May. (yes I’m a bit scared about that) Returned the gloves that Rick got me for Christmas and replaced them girly items. Oh and I had a great day at work. (well besides the most awkward incident report everSick smile)

Sounds so simple but can I just tell you it’s been awhile since I’ve felt content from start to finish of my day. I wish that wasn’t true but it is. I felt productive today and I think it helped that it was only 20 below and not 40-50 below.

From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised. Psalm 113:3

Comments

Steve Finnell said…
THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST

Without Jesus shedding His blood on the cross, all doctrines concerning salvation become irrelevant.


Hebrews 9:22 ....without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.


Hebrews 10:19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,


Are men saved because of God's grace? Yes. (Ephesians 2:8) Grace would not be available if not for the shed blood of Jesus.


Did Jesus sanctify and cleanse the church by the washing of water with the word? Yes. (Ephesians 5:26) The church cannot and is not sanctified except for the fact that Jesus shed His blood.


Hebrews 13:12 Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people through His own blood, suffered outside the gate.


Do sinners have to repent and be immersed in water to have sins forgiven? Yes. (Acts 2:38)Without Jesus shedding His blood on the cross, repentance and baptism for forgiveness of sins would not be accessible to mankind.


Romans 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.


Did Jesus add the repentant baptized believers to His church?Yes. (Acts 2:38,41,47) Without the shed blood of Jesus there would be no church of Christ to be added to.


Acts 20:28 Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.


Are we saved because we confess that Jesus is Lord and that God raised Him from the dead? Yes. (Romans 10:9-10) This confession would be meaningless if Jesus had not shed His blood.


Revelation 1:5 and Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood---


WHY AND HOW ARE WE SAVED?


We are saved because of God's grace. (Ephesians 2:8)
We are saved because of our faith. (John 3:16)
We are saved by confessing Jesus Christ. (Romans 10:9-10)
We are saved because we are immersed in water. (Mark 16:16)
We are saved because we repent of sins and turn toward God. (Acts 2:38)


AT THE POINT OF WATER BAPTISM, THE BLOOD OF JESUS WASHES AWAY MEN'S SINS, MEN ARE BORN OF THE SPIRIT, MEN BECOME BORN AGAIN, MEN ARE SAVED, THE LORD ADDS THE FORGIVEN TO HIS CHURCH.


WITHOUT THE SHED BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST, SALVATION WOULD BE UNATTAINABLE!


YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses