English or Spanish

 

Today was the big day. Kindergarten screening. I forgot the camera but something tells me not many moms bring them. We started out with the hearing test. The directions were to wave to the nurse every time time Eric heard a noise. Well Eric thought a "thumbs up" sign was way more fun so that's what she got. He heard all the noises. Thumbs up

Next came the vision and Eric had to identify one of four letters. He was able to read the whole chart and frankly looked bored with the whole thing. Only four letters?

I took over Sam duty and Rick stepped in to see the fun stuff. I did manage to get Sam entertained so I could peek in on the action. The nurse just randomly tossed some blocks on the table so that they didn't land in a line and asked Eric to count them. He responded by asking...

"In English or Spanish?" Seems like a reasonable question as he can do both!

He counted in Spanish all three times. Nerd smile

Next he was asked to draw a few shapes. Rick said he was confused on the plus sign and thought it was a cross Smile Well don't they know a plus sign isn't a shape anyway, no wonder he was confused.

After the shapes he was asked to finish sentences.....

My brother is a…. boy (for the record this was a loaded question Don't tell anyone smile)

my sister is a..... a girl.

The table is made out of wood, a window is made out of..... (Eric is clueless on this one) Finally after some silence we gave up on this one. Of course it worked against him that our coffee table is glass! When we asked him what that was he knew :)

Other than being on the quiet side he did really well. Oh I almost forgot. She asked him to draw a person. He did so and it was a lot like the one he just happen to draw with sidewalk chalk yesterday!

May post 1

It was fun and I'm still in denial about the whole thing. I will also admit that I started getting all teary and had to pull it together to keep Sam entertained.

________________________________________________________________

Eric loves his 'big boy bike' this year. ( Did I already mention that?)  Saturday we got down the other bikes and Rick went for a ride with Sam in the bike trailer and Eric rode on his own. Rick has started teaching him the rules of the 'road'. Stay on your right and look forward when your pedaling! Eric is teaching Daddy some new rules (that mommy taught Eric), like walking our bike across streets and we ALWAYS wear a helmet when out for a ride. Better to be safe, right Daddy?  So the bike adventures continued on into Sunday afternoon. We were going for a short ride to the river (which is about a 1/2 mile) and ended up riding the trails all the way to the park. I'd say once we were home we had gone about 2 miles. I thought for sure he'd be wiped out. But nooooo when I was getting ready to go to youth group Sunday night with Kayla and Jordan I asked Eric what they were going to do.

Go for a bike ride of course!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses