Poor Grandpa!

 

I just don't think it's possible to do this story justice but I'm sure going to try.

Last night I was heading over to my Dad's house. We had to make a vehicle swap and Kayla and Sam rode with me. It's about 80 miles one way. We had a few technical difficulties on the way there so we didn't arrive there until after 8, almost Sam and Kayla's bedtime. Needless to say we were all a bit tired but handling it well.

Dad and I handled all the car stuff and Kayla and Sam hung out with Grandma Kathy. We had a short time to visit but really needed to head home as it was after 9pm and we still had a 80 mile trip home. I whispered in Sam's ear. "Sam go tell Grandpa thank you for the new car and give him a hug and kiss" (*side note my dad is a car salesman so he helped us purchase a different vehicle again!) Sam went over to Grandpa.

Grandpa brought himself down to Sam's level and Sam in a very sweet Sam way said "thanks grandpa for the new truck, love you".

Grandpa while on his knees gave Sam a big hug and says "your welcome and you know what I think your looking more and more like your Grandpa"....

Sam started walking towards Grandma  with a thoughtful look and then turned around and looked back at Grandpa and while removing his hat says "yeah but see my hair..."

Open-mouthed smile Kathy, Kayla and I covered our mouths and laughed and laughed and laughed! Oh Sam, mommy is still smiling!

Out of the mouths of babes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses