Grow Old With Me

Love....bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:7-8

Melissa Ann and Richard Allen together with their parents invite you to share in the joy when they exchange marriage vows and begin their new life together on Saturday, the twentieth of May Two Thousand at five o'clock in the afternoon.

grow old1

A while ago Sam and Eric and I were looking at our wedding album. Since that day it's no longer our anniversary but it's the day "mommy was a princess". I can't remember which one of them said that but ever since then when they spot our wedding picture it's the day "daddy was mommy's prince" and "mommy was the princess".

grow old

That day started out so normal. I was so calm and excited. The day was clear and so sunny and bright. The temp was around 70 and there was only a slight breeze, not too windy but enough of a breeze that the sun didn't get to hot. I left with my mom to get our hair done. Michael (my hairdresser at the time) wouldn't let me look until he was done and when he held the mirror up in front of me I couldn't believe it. I was really starting to look like a bride. I left my mom there as I had some other things to check on and as soon as I got into my car I bawled. I thought Oh my how will I ever get through the day if my hair has got me this emotional! Red heart

I'm not really sure about the rest of the day. One thing that was so important to me was that when Rick saw me for the first time we were alone. We had our pictures scheduled before the ceremony and I wanted the first time he saw his bride to be special to both of us. He was standing facing the alter in the empty sanctuary and I came up the aisle. When he turned around we both cried. I am so grateful that we shared that moment alone. (well almost alone, our photographer captured it but was very quiet about it.)

Right before our wedding the anxiety hit a little, but just a little. I laugh because my bride mates gave me a diet Pepsi and a cookie to calm me down! That could have been a disaster but it worked out.

When saying my vows to Rick I remember tears coming down my cheeks. Being the Prince that day he reached into his tux pocket grabbed a kleenex and reached up and wiped my cheeks . 

grow old2

After the ceremony Kayla and  Jordan walked down the isle and met us in the Narthex. They were so overwhelmed with emotion and had been so brave and held it together for so long they both looked at us and busted out in tears. I think it was the first time they had cried out of joy and really didn't know what was happening to them. It was so precious.

I always have to laugh about our ugly, icky cake. We ordered a 3 tier cake that was supposed to have fresh flowers on each layer. It had a fondue frosting and I can't remember the reason behind picking that one but it tasted like rubber! It was white chocolate with strawberry filling, should have tasted fine but it didn't and I really didn't care. The florist forgot to decorate the cake and so stood three slabs of white cake on tin foil in the corner of the room! It worked out, we ended up with a discount on the entire flower order and a good laugh. I should put a picture on here but I don't want to take the time to scan the thing! Smile

I could write on and on about the day mommy was daddy's princess. It was such a beautiful day and since then there are been many days that have been so special and note worthy. The wedding day is just one day of a lifetime. There are days when I'm sure both of feel like it's been a lifetime! And then there are days that just go to fast and I wish I could hang on to them longer. Rick, I love you more today because of these days, the good and even the bad. Just when I start to worry about us God reveals to me exactly what he told us on the day we became husband and wife.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14

So again with tears and with our friends and family I tell you that I will love you always and forever. I wouldn't want to Grow Old with anyone else.

Grow old along with me
The best is yet to be
When our time has come
We will be as one
God bless our love
God bless our love
Grow old along with me
Two branches of one tree
Face the setting sun
When the day is done
God bless our love
God bless our love
Spending our lives together
Man and wife together
World without end
World without end
Grow old along with me
Whatever fate decrees
We will see it through
For our love is true
God bless our love
God bless our love
Written by: John Lennon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses