#17, 18 and 19 Simple Words

Golly- I thought for sure this one was going to be an easy one. I overhear so many conversations in a day with all the cuteness I hang out with. I hear kids say the darnest things all. day. long.



Not today



Here is what stood out to me today.

17. Our Tues/Thur classes missed their birthday party for Jesus b/c of a snow day before break. This party must happen that's all there is to it. We also had a theme to get in this week and only 2.5 hours to  do it all in- so we had a little magnet birthday party (magnets was our theme). It went great- we had the kids make their gifts for mom and dad, we had cake and ice cream and sang happy birthday, wore birthday hats, played with a ton of magnet letters, books, blocks, even magnet painting AND we made a magnet craft. That's right people we rocked it. (I have the baggy  eyes to prove it) At the end of the 2.5 hours we hand out our present to the kids and then they are dismissed. It was a good start to the day and we still had our afternoon class to go. I was switching out cubbies and cleaning up the morning mayhem when I hear a voice leaving the building "MOMMY IT'S STILL CHRISTMAS HERE!"

What a great reminder that in our world of 3 and 4 year olds it's not Mrs. Eagen's 2nd day back to work after a break where she's still a bit tired. Those eyes saw it's still Christmas and these ears were thankful for that gift.



18. "Honey I'd eat leftover Navy Bean Soup" - not really overheard since Rick was saying that to me but nonetheless words that were music to my soul. What I really heard "you don't have to cook" Remember last night I mentioned my lack of enthusiasm for cooking. Well tonight I considered Eggo Waffles (which for the record I don't think I've made Rick eat-just the kids) The boys had grilled cheese sandwiches and applesauce. The best part- all my little and big campers were happy and fed.



19. "Jack"  That sweet grandson of mine can say his name now and it's sooooo cute. Of course just about anything that boy does/says/looks/ is soooooo cute. And I'm not biased I promise. :) I was chatting with Kayla on the phone and got to hear him say his name on the other end. He is a gift- his little voice a definite bonus :)

Comments

i am not said…
huh, this one might be tough since I hang out with the same 3 people all day during break... and sometimes tend to tune them out :)

1. "Checkmate." Two of my girls playing chess with each other - and I didn't even make them do it!

2. "It would be YellowFang" - Two of my girls chatting over characters in a series of books that Nora is enthralled with and trying to get Ryann to get into. Nora is so engaged with these books she can't stop talking about them or stop reading them, which is awesome!

3. "Turkey!" Georgia wandering around looking for her stuffed leopard that she has carried around for 6 years. What a gift her heart & imagination are to me!

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses