New Years 2013!

New Year's Day- ahhh why is it I feel like I can do just about anything New Year's Day and by 8am Jan. 2nd I'm ready to throw in the towel and resort back to my old ways?!?

I'm not one for making resolutions- I think I used to be. Or I think I thought I used to be. I may have even blogged about it in the past. I'm sure I've come up with creative cute ways to trick myself into believing I haven't set any resolutions- for instance renaming them. In fact I think one year I even said my resolution was not to set any resolutions.

Well as you can see with my 30 day photo challenge that is only on day 9, 60 days after I started it. Or my 1000 Gifts list that made it a whole whopping 7 days, or my diets that typically only last as long as it takes to get comfy again in my clothes to prevent shopping for bigger sizes or my morning quiet times that vary depending on the day and to-do list or the books I have started reading only to get distracted by another book that I will just "peek" at quick never to return to the original one. I even do it with TV shows- for example The Voice- I watch for so long and then enough is enough I just am interested in the winner so I don't even watch anymore I just check the results. I won't even mention exercise just simply b/c I'd hate to admit that I actually should exercise.

Rick asked me tonight at dinner "what about you- what's your New Year's resolution?"

I want to be more consistent.

con·sist·ent

/kənˈsistənt/
Adjective
  1. (of a person, behavior, or process) Unchanging in achievement or effect over a period of time.
  2. Compatible or in agreement with something: "injuries consistent with falling".

I want to focus on what matters and be consistent at it..... not perfect just consistent. I seem to get it in my head that if I don't do something perfectly I shouldn't do it.

Well that pretty much rules just about everything out since I'm not capable of "perfect".

That being said my next post will be post one of The Joy Dare- I found this on another blog that I peek at here and there. It's the author of 1000 Gifts and it's got direction. I like direction and it will be good practice at being consistent. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses