Eye Drops Pt 2

Saturday was the day. Sam has been wearing his glasses a little over 2 weeks now. All was good and he was starting to fight wearing them. He really has no use for them with his good eye. That eye does all the work and after the newness wore off his glasses started coming off. So that was the sign I was waiting for. On Saturday morning I had to hold my baby boy down to the ground and put that drop in in his good eye. I really have to stay focused on the long term outlook because I hate doing it. The whole day he was a bit emotional. I'm sure it was a bit of a reaction. There was one point where he and Rick were working on a puzzle and he started crying and said he couldn't see it. Sad smile Rick helped him adjust the way he was viewing it. Helping him to move it a little further from his face and than he said "now I can see it" . Break mama's heart. He hates the drops but gets 2 Hersey Kisses when we're done. A boy after my own heart. Chocolate cures everything! On Sunday he showed again that he has a hard time with smaller objects up close. So we decided that Monday morning for preschool I wouldn't put the drop in. I waited until the afternoon. It's supposed to last about 30-36 hours so I didn't give him one today so tomorrow at preschool his vision should be pretty normal. Rick and I talked and even though they don't do tons that require a lot of up close identification we felt it best to give him that break. He'll get drops Thursday, Friday ,Saturday and Sunday Morning. Then we'll stop until Monday afternoon and then not again until Wednesday afternoon. Our follow up appointment is not until May 5. 10 weeks we have to keep this up. I'm praying there's some improvement by then. I will have a hard time keeping this up if there's no improvement by then. The doctor mentioned that most kids require patching for up to a year. Sad smile  One last note about the drops. At night when he goes to bed he won't take his glasses off. The first night he just buried his head on my shoulder and really whimpered. I wanted to protect him and take it all from him. I instead prayed with him. We asked Jesus together to be close to Sam and help him when he feels scared. When we were done I reminded Sam that Jesus was right there with him. I'm grateful that even though I can't take away all the hurts He has a Heavenly Father that is always right beside him. He fell asleep with his glasses the first 2 nights, last night he set them on his dresser. **big sigh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses