Frozen Roses and Cheap Candy

Happy Valentines Day!! This morning I was so proud I had little heart bags on the kitchen table for each of the kids to find upon waking. All containing cards and candy. Sam are Eric are still sleeping but Kayla and Jordan found their treasures. Jordan stuffed his pocket with candy with a "COOL" and out the door he went, Kayla looked said "oh" and out the door she went. Not surprising :) I had Rick's card and a small box of cheap candy ready so he'd see it when he planted himself to have a cup of coffee. I feel a little ahead of the game this year as I normally am one of those that is hoping to get to the store before the displays come down on the 14th. Valentines and Halloween are in my opion a waste of $$ but I guess this year I had second thoughts about Valentines. Nothing wrong with letting my family know they are dear to my heart. So I came home from bringing Jordan to school and at my desk, in one of our very own water glasses were a dozen frozen yellow roses and a card. Frozen?? Well everynight it's Rick's job to let the dog out before bed. I take care of her in the morning and of course most of the day. So night duty is his. It's cold and we're tired and Macy is slow so going out at 10pm is not all that fun. Well last night I thought being as it's Rick's birthday I'll take that duty over and let him go get ready for bed. Simply wanted to give him a few little breaks from everyday line of duty. This morning as I smelled my frozen roses, he made a face at me and said " Why, Why did you pick last night to not come into bed.... Why?... finally I thought how cold can they get out there? " ha ha :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses