Teenagers and Phones

Kayla is now officially a member of the mobile world. When she was 13 we purchased a pre-paid cell phone for her to use for emergencies and for checking in with us. It worked out well as she couldn't overuse her minutes or she'd just simply run out of them. This has worked well for the last year and a half, however the last few months she has been pouring her babysitting money into minutes left and right for that thing. It's about $50 for 400 minutes. She really doesn't talk that often on it but she sends those text messages all the time. This is how the kids talk now a days. I really can't say much as I talk to most of my friends via email but it seems so weird. I've tried sending those text messages and it seems like forever to get a couple of words on there, and then if your phone rings you lose everything! So after some thought Rick and I decided to add her on to our plan, it's only $25/month and she's willing to pay half of and she gets 1000 text messages a month. The old picture of me as a 14 year old with a phone attached to my head has now been replaced with a MP3 player and a cell phone that you don't really talk on just send messages. Really why I wanted to jot this down was to remember that at a age that can sometimes be such a tyrant she has been so of a joy to us. It's easy to make decisions about this kind of stuff with her simply because she's willing and she is very natural at setting boundaries for herself. Although when it comes to small everyday things she tends to be a little out of sync but who isn't. When it comes to the big picture I see my baby girl really turning into a lovely young lady. Kayla I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses