Sick Boy Part 2

 

addition to Sick Boy

** you may want to read Sick Boy a few entries down first. This one will make more sense then.

OK, I get the bad mom award for yesterday!

I brought Eric in and the doctor said his ears were perfect. I thought oh I've heard this before. Let me guess his ears must hurt because of his nose or throat.  So he looked in his throat and decided to culture it. Said it didn't really look like strep but would rule it out. So we get home and Eric is still up and down but mainly feeling better (or so it seemed) so we decided to go grab a bite to eat. Kayla and Jordan were off doing there thing so we decided to grab a quick bite and run to look for spring jackets. Eric munched down 1/2 his grilled cheese and his chocolate milk and then got this look on his face. The minute he said his tummy hurt we made tracks. Sick smile Oops maybe he's not as good as we think. My wise husband says maybe we should just go home. Inpatient mama says well lets just see how he feels. "Eric how you doing? Does your tummy still hurt"...to which he replies "no I'm all better". See there he's all better off to the store we go. As we're walking into the store I decide to call the results line to make sure the test is negative. I hear: your rapid DNA test has tested positive for strep, there is strep present on the culture. YIKES your kidding! Boy did I feel stupid, here I'm hauling the poor guy out and about and he has strep. I feel more guilty about anybody that may have been exposed. Had I thought for a minute that test would be positive I would have never gone out, I guess we live and learn. Next time I'll wait for the darn results. In my defense (because I feel I have to present a small one) the boys have been cultured every time there's no ear infection, I always think it's the doctors nice way of telling me it's viral! So medicine for 10 days and back to normal life after 24 hours on the antibiotics.

PS: Please say a prayer for the anyone that I may have exposed! Thanks Smile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses