Super Sam

 

puw, puw, puwwww, puw.... look out Sam's on the loose and his 'shooters' are out in full force. Lasers that are huge and will get you! Aliens, monsters and alike, no one is safe from Sam, aka 'Dash'. Sam loves super heroes. He would watch just about anything that's chasing a bad guy if you let him and he's very good at picking out the bad guys. Last week we were watching the Beginners Bible video of the Story of Easter. Sam was very concerned about the bad guys. He looked at me with this serious look and said "that mean guy just put Jesus in that cave.... that wasn't bery nice, not at all!" After we talked about Jesus going up to heaven so that we could go to heaven some day he responded by saying that "those bad guys aren't going to put Jesus in that cave again". Smile Yes Sam,  Jesus always does beat the bad guys!

___________________________________________________________________

SICK

Sam has had a little bit of a cold this week. He's always a bit of a challenge with behaviors when he's under the weather. He seems to take out his aches and pains on everyone else in the house and some days I feel as if I will scream if he screams one more time. I think he's finally going up hill and it didn't amount to anything past a runny nose.

___________________________________________________________________

BUMPS AND BRUISES

First was the skateboard accident. First of all how he got a skateboard is the first question. He's lucky he came out of it as good as he did. I was talking with a friend when all of a sudden I heard this blood-curling scream, my friend beat me to him and he had fallen off the skateboard and had a harsh introduction to the sidewalk. A skinned up knee and most likely a bruised ego earned him some Incredibles band-aids.

And then there was the Dairy Queen incident. We were walking to the tables after getting our ice-cream. Sam was admiring a sports car, I think more the color than the model, anyway he walked smack into the side mirror and the owners were sitting in it. Daddy being the good sports car owner first made sure Sam was OK and then walked back to make sure the car was OK. Sam came out of it with a small bump on his eyebrow and the mirror was just fine.

I almost forgot about the finger problem. Sam stuck his fingers between the wood things on the back of the kitchen chairs. When he tried to get them out they didn't fit back through. Again I heard that scream, the one that sends a mommy running top speed to the scene. I thought for sure we were going to have to saw the chair apart.

Let's see... did I forget any? The temple of his forehead into the coffee table was a bit painful but didn't leave a mark. I have a feeling we are just getting started in this department with Sam. He has had more black and blue marks from everyday play then I believe Eric has ever had. Although Eric has the two ER trips for stitches and x-rays. Never a dull moment that's for sure.

__________________________________________________________________

TICKLE MY TUMMY

One of my favorite things (and one of Rick's least favorite things) is having my back tickled. I remember when I was little my grandmother always used to rub my back and it was more of a gentle tickle. I have always loved it and it relaxes me like almost nothing else. I was rubbing Sam's back and he started asking me to now when it's not offered. He'll back himself up to me and lift up his shirt. The other thing he loves is having me tickle his tummy. He gets little goose bumps all over and just about falls asleep. I was telling Rick about it and he just looked at me and said "well have fun with that!" Can you guess who got my grandmothers job of tickling my back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses