Back in the Day

 

**This is my second attempt. I had this all written out and really had fun with it earlier and my computer decided it need to encounter an error. Arghhh!

Last week Kayla and her friend decided to get out some older CD's. I could hear them in her room giggling and saying things like "oh remember that one" and "oh I forgot about this song". They were listening to stuff from her 'younger' days....Smile

Rick has teased me about my younger days. The 80's girl that I am. I love all things good and bad from the 80's. I shouldn't as my teen years weren't exactly the greatest but there is something to the innocence of youth that I just can’t deny. If I knew then what I know now type of thing. I really was a twerp but a naive one Smile

In reminiscing about those days I decided to dig up some pictures and I just have to share a few things that I came up with.

801

Now I realize this first picture is not of me but in the early 80's if you were looking for me you'd have to find this. I LOVED PAC MAN. I'm quite sure I could still hold my own with those beastly ghosts! They sell those retro games now and I won't buy one for fear my whole house would fall into a pit and I'd miss it chasing the ghosts!

802

Did you have barrettes like these? I made them in about every color combo possible. And what about friendship pins for the shoelaces. Anyone make their own so you'd looked popular?Be right back I know sad but true! By the way isn't my little brother Chris cute! This was my 11th birthday.

803

Nice pants huh? You know you wore some like it!

What’s up with my hair?! I think it took a special angle and a whole lot of Deep Gel with the blow dryer to get that side to look like that! Most likely topped it off with a little Aqua Net Winking smile 

804

Yes that is me on the end. I always dreamed of being a dancer. Now come on you can't tell me that you didn't rewind dirty dancing a zillion times to get that final dance down. And I know I'm not the only one that tried to Flashdance with the kitchen chairs or run in place to keep up with that actress dancing in her cut up sweatshirt! I was simply living my dream here as we danced and lip synced to Madonna's Dress You Up mixed with Go'Go's We got the Beat and we ended our Grammy winning performance with a little Quiet Riot. There was a year or two in Rochester where there were a few concerts. My first was RATT and then Bon Jovi, Poison and Cinderella opened up for him. Then KISS (with no make up).

805

Nice eye shadow. And the sweater- yep you guessed it The Limited of course, Forenza. (all the cool chicks had clothes from the limited) Over that I'm sure I had a Guess jean jacket, filled with buttons. Hard to tell how many pairs of socks I had on. Scrunched together to match the shirts I was wearing. It got tricky keeping the socks scrunched below the rolled and cuffed pant leg! And what about parachute pants you ask? I had red and black!

806

Like the hair again! I dyed it black.... it was jet black, went well with the red leather Michael Jackson jacket. Smile

Did every girl have a live size poster of The Outsiders? What about Kevin Bacon from Footloose. See HERE for a funny story about that. Did you ball your eyes out watching Terms of Endearment? Did ET ever phone home or what about the blond girl from Poltergeist getting sucked into the TV. How many times did I watch that volleyball scene. I bet I don't even have to say the name of that movie. Row Lowe and Demi Moore in St. Elmo's Fire and Molly Ringwald in Sixteen Candles and For Keeps. Arnold before Governor days in The Terminator. Eddie Murphy's laugh in Beverley Hills Cop. Chuckie from The Goonies . Who was the guy holding up the boombox with "In Your Eyes" blaring for the whole neighborhood to hear in Say Anything.

Of course while I'm writing this I had to pop in some old CD's. Truthfully they should be on cassettes if they were really from the 80's but I believe my tape players ate almost every one I owned. Now I know I'm not the only one that has replaced some of those classics. Rick Springfield Greatest Hits. A must have. Monster Rock from the 80's. Tears for Fears and Talking Heads, they still don't make sense. Madonna when she was still cute and Bobby Brown before the police weren't watching Every Little Step. Paula Abdul when she was trying to be an Idol. Billy Ocean, I agree get out of my dreams, (please). Wham! The Jitterbug.... what was that? Was it like the Stray Cat Strut. Air Supply, ok who didn't have a boyfriend that they couldn't sing an Air Supply song to.

And finally before returning to 2006 who could solve the Rubik's cube? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?  Bueller?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses