My Traveling Girl

 

Well Kayla is off. She left yesterday for California and should have a great trip. I’m so so thankful they didn’t raise the terror alert until today. In fact I set a flight status notice to email my box when her flight had landed and as soon as they arrived I slept soundly. There is just something uneasy about knowing that your child in thousands of feet in the air that makes  this fear of flying mama a little uneasy. This morning Rick woke me up and he always has a cup of coffee and watches the news. Well this morning when he flipped the TV on that the whole terror plot thing was on and he just turned it off and said to me. "Don’t watch this" Don't tell anyone smile

Kayla sent me a text message when they landed, she knows her mother well. This morning she sent me another message telling me that she had no luggage. The airline is pretty sure it just didn’t make it aboard. I am still waiting to find out if they have found it. The bag that is lost is the one with her clothes. I didn’t realize that she was sharing a second bag with her friend and they combined their toiletries. I guess if I had to choose I’d rather loose my clothes than my make up and hair spray! Smile

Here is what her next 14 days look like:

Today thru Saturday they will be exploring San Francisco. Pier 39/ Chinatown/ Golden Gate Park/ Trolleys.

Saturday they leave for Lassen Volcanic National Park. They will hike Lassen peak and explore the park.

On Monday they leave for Redding, CA and will spend the night and continue on in the morning to Whiskeytown for kayaking availability. From there they will end their day at Crater Lake National Park.

At the end of next week they will be heading up to Redwood National Park which I believe is in Oregon. After exploring there they will travel back down the Pacific Cost and stay in Santa Rosa for the last few days of the trip.

I can’t wait to hear about it and to hear from her. I bought her 120 minute phone card and told her to call anytime she wants.... hint hint Winking smile  Last year when she went to Texas with this same family I only heard from her once and she was gone 9 days. Stinker!

Pray for her luggage and for safe travels. She is the most indoor girl I know. I wonder what the bugs look like in Northern California! Surprised smile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses