June Wrap Up- Kayla

 

kaylajune

Kayla started out June with saying good-bye to her freshman year at Century High School. One of her first comments as she got in the car was "Next year we can pick on the little freshman" There is no sympathy card from this girl! All is fair in earning your spot in the pecking order! Some sleepovers and beach days and summer has begun.

Her mission trip went well. I'd love for her to write something for me to include here. I'm working on it. I think it was a good trip. One thing I can't resist writing about is her joking abilities. My little angel took her cell phone and set the alarm for 4am, then proceeded to tape the phone shut and then used more tape to hold it in place under the blinds in the room the boys were sleeping in. At 4am a rooster started crowing in the boys room and they could not find the source. That's my girl Laughing out loud

Last Saturday Kayla turned 15. The day of her birthday was the street dance for Rochesterfest and also a wedding that Rick and I were attending so we decided to celebrate on the 22nd. She invited her good friend Laura and my mom joined us for dinner. We went to Michael's. Kayla's favorite thing to eat there is also my favorite and that is the deep fried mushrooms. They are really yummy! I had my mom bring a cake in ahead of time and I decorated the top of it with a IPod Nano. The waiter came out holding a cake with a lit 15 on it and we sang. She was so embarrassed she didn't even notice the IPod right away.

kaylajune1

I'm not sure if she was teary eyed from embarrassment or she was happy about the gift. She and Laura giggled their way to the ladies room and when we got home they loaded up the ITunes with music. Next on her list is driver's ed. Yikes. I can't think about that right now! Disappointed smile

kaylajune2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses