101 List Expanded- #10

My first job was at Burger King.


When I was 15 I decided it was time to get out and get a job. Now as I think back I'm having conflicting thoughts about if Burger King was really my first job. I also worked at Perkins when I was 15 and I'm pretty sure it was after my Burger King experience. Is that a sign of age when it's hard to place events in order?


My Mom had a friend who's son managed the local Burger King. Actually it was one of I think 5 at the time. They didn't make it too easy on me. I filled out an application and had to interview with another manager that worked there. I guess to be fair. I think back and wonder what in the world do they ask you at a interview for a fast food restaurant? Even more thought provoking is what in the world does a 15 girl answer? I know my 15 year old refused to apply anywhere that has a potential for producing more zits on her already puberty stricken skin. Is that what I was thinking? Yes sir I'd love to work here but I'm quite concerned about the condition of my skin. I do remember loving working the drive thru, even in the dead of winter. My fingers would freeze but at least I didn't have to touch ANYTHING in the kitchen and I didn't feel as much like a french fry when I left!


My Burger King job kept me in the food business for a long time. I worked in various restaurants off and on for 10 years after that. I did manage to move up to a fine dining restaurant. You'd think I wouldn't like food as much after seeing all that but no such luck. I even love to eat out. Although I really to this day don't like Burger King!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses