101 List Expanded- Day 4

I Lived In San Jose, CA


As mentioned in Day 1, things were really different in my life in my later teen years. At 16 I no longer lived with my mom and was living with my Aunt. In 1989 she moved to California. She was a nurse and nurses were in high demand there. After she left I shared an apartment with a roommate. We both worked to support ourselves and got by. I thought leaving Minnesota and giving myself a fresh start would be the best thing to do. It was one of those situations where I forgot that if I left somewhere I'd take myself with. There is much to the story getting out to California but I think I didn't put it in my list so I don't think I'll put it on here as I've learned that some things are just better left unsaid. So I arrived in California in July of 1990. My Aunt's daughter Kelly was 3 months old and her son Alex was 3 years old. I became a nanny for her and lived with her and took care of the kids and the house. It worked out well for both of us. I loved California, the palm trees, the warm sunshine, the ocean. So many beautiful memories of being there. I also met some wonderful friends out there. California is also the first time that I attended church after accepting Christ. I came home from California knowing that 1. I liked Minnesota, maybe not the cold but there is a sense of security that I never had so far from home and 2. That introduction to Jesus would turn my life around, I just didn't know how at the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses