Tales of a School Day

This is how this morning started out.....


1. Kayla~ I heard her alarm this morning and somehow in the race to beat her to the shower forgot about her existence. Jordan came out to get breakfast and asked me if Kayla was already gone... hmmmmm? Well it's 6:48 her bus came by, funny she would have said good-bye and gotten lunch money... I better go check. There under the heap of blankets was a girl resembling my daughter, somewhat panicked looked on her face when I said "KAYLA IT'S TEN TO SEVEN!!!" She got ready and missed the first 20 minutes of study hall. Lucky for her it was just study hall.


2. Jordan~ I think his morning went well. No complaints from him or about him. Yeah Jordan!


3. Eric and Sam~ First words out of Eric's mouth while getting all teary... "I wanted the sun to be out"... oh boy, sorry buddy can't do much about that. Mommy can fix a lot but he was out of luck on that one. Then he decided his legs didn't work and wanted me to carry him, his big afghan blanket, his little blanket, his juice, Sam's juice, Sam's big fleece blanket, AND Sam's soft pillow. Meanwhile Sam is putting in his two cents worth. I just looked at both of them like they were just dropped down from space.


I decided to ignore their antics and give the dog some attention.


4. Which brings me to the dog. That dog is really on thin ice. She insists on going out right away around 5:30 or so but then doesn't take care of all her business. Then by the time I get back to her I'm in the 15 minute frenzy... (the last 15 minutes of talking everyone into being ready to leave). She must feel under too much pressure because somehow me standing in front of her yanking on her leash yelling "POOP" isn't working! Arghhhh!!!!


I arrived at work early - I couldn't believe it!  Everyone seemed a little more normal (including me) and things were looking up. As Sam ran off to play with his friends I noticed something looked a little funny........ some days we just do our best and if this is the worst of it than oh well!



Thankfully the night ended on a much lighter note than the morning started. Everyone is tucked away into beds (or very close to it) and this mama will (hopefully) sleep well tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses