Busy Bees

I can't even begin to tell you how tired I am this week. Good golly we have gone full speed from sun up (actually before) to sun down (much after). Things should settle down a bit and I think I wrote about this before but thinking about life being busy and actually being in the mist of it is two different things.


Everyone has a full week back at school now.


Sam is really enjoying preschool. He REALLY loves his music class which is one morning a week. I'm so glad because that was the class I wasn't sure about. I signed him up because it's on the morning of our women's bible study. I didn't think it was fair to put him in child care when there was another option available. I do think the childcare has planned activities but it's by no means as structured as the preschool class. He was telling me after the first class last week "mom we held this thing and got a stick and got to bang it and it was loud" What more could a boy want? A loud thing and a stick. Sounds perfect to me and it'll stay perfect as long as I don't have to listen to it!! He practiced writing his "A" and the number "1". The theme this week was God Made Me and they made books with different little facts about themselves. One line said My Favorite Book: "a gupe book". I asked Sam what his "gupe" book is and he looked at me and said "SCOOP NOT GUPE" on that same note we had "THoup" for dinner one night and his new friend in music is "Damual" (Samuel) Guess we better get working on those S sounds.  :)


Eric is doing good. Me well.....I stopped crying after the third day. He still looks to darn little to be getting on that bus! He loves it and was even upset with me the day I had to pick up. The buses have pictures with the numbers and he would have much rather gotten on the Frog Bus than had mommy pick him up. He still says "nufin" when I ask him about his day. It's frustrating because we only get weekly letters telling what they are up to. Every once in a while he'll slip up and tell me something but not very often. He has homework over the weekend. He has to practice his name upper case E and lower case 'ric'. That is the kindergarten way (per Eric). They also introduced the first two sight words. 'I' and 'am'. Now his teacher should have asked him how to spell replay or start or high score, I'm almost sure he would have gotten those!


Jordan is doing well. He seems to like his teacher. His bus comes at 6:55 and I believe today I finally got him up at 6:47, yes he can get dressed, brush his teeth and make his bed in 7 minutes. It's amazing but he does it. Thank goodness the bus stops in front of our house! His weekly bible study started last Sunday. It's called CORE and his NEXUS group started on Thursday night. Wednesday he started at AWANA. He is a student leader in training for the kindergarten/1st graders. I was sure proud of him, I think the smile on his faced reflected how blessed he felt. (Maybe without even realizing it.)


Kayla has finished 2 weeks of drivers ed. I really can't wait until she can drive (sort of), she is at the homecoming football game tonight and has her first cold of the school year. On her way out the door tonight I needed to remind her that she is sick and lucky to be going as she tried to get out of here in a tank top! Really what could I have been thinking to place health and wellbeing before fashion??


I have begged Sam and Eric every afternoon for a little rest time. I'm so tired when I get home, I can't even imagine adding more to my plate. I'm starting a Precepts study next week, along with MOPS starting up. I didn't imagine that working outside the home would feel so different than working from my home. I really thought that there might be things that are easier and there are. I do love my new job, I just haven't found my new normal yet.


I'm on here tonight simply because I'm waiting for my teenagers to be home safe and sound and then it's off to dreamland, oh I can't wait!


goodnight, if I've rambled well it must not have been to bad if you read until here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven

Uno!

Glasses